4 Shires Asset Management Ltd was set up by Jeremy Le Sueur in 2011.
We were set up to offer the following:
- Expert private client investment management using institutional fund management techniques.
- Good value ownership for clients, using low cost funds and direct shares and bonds.
- Personal service and clear communications for all clients.
- A focus on clients and businesses in the South West of England.
4 Shires is based in Gillingham, Dorset.
The name “4 Shires” comes from the 4 shires or counties of Devon, Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire.
We are positioned at the centre of the 4 Shires, however we service clients all across the United Kingdom.
Jeremy Le Sueur – Managing / Investment Director
Jeremy manages client portfolios at 4 Shires.
Jeremy has worked in finance for 20 years, first working as a clerk in a stockbroker’s office in London in 1988.
He has worked in many roles:
- International fund manager in London, covering global equity and bond markets
- Institutional broker in Hong Kong
- Pension fund manager for private and corporate clients (SIPPs& SSASs)
- UK Fund Manager, nominated for UK All Companies Fund Manager of the Year 2005 and held the Citywire AAA rating
- Activist fund manager and Director (Fund Management) at Hermes Fund Managers Ltd, owned by the British Telecom pension fund
Jeremy read history at Oxford University. He is married with two children.
Other interests include swimming, travel, current affairs and growing organic vegetables on his allotment.
Dominic Lacey – Chartered Wealth Manager
Dominic works with Jeremy in the running and development of 4 Shires.
He holds the Investment Management Certificate, the CISI Level 7 Chartered Wealth Manager Certificate and CISI Level 6 Certificate in Pension Transfers & Financial Planning qualifications.
As well as portfolio management, Dominic looks after 4 Shires’ financial planning clients and is responsible for developing and maintaining 4 Shires’ business operating systems.
Originally hailing from Guernsey, Dominic has offshore experience in law and banking firms. He has worked in the wider financial services industry for over ten years having previously working at Investec and at Mourant Ozannes in Guernsey.
He read Natural Sciences at the University of Bath. He is married and has a son.
His other interests include skiing, travelling, health & fitness, trail running and modern jive.
David Salisbury – Investment Manager
David Salisbury is an Investment Manager and has been with the team for nearly 2 years. He has a Master’s degree in Finance, holds the Investment Management Certificate and is currently training to become a Chartered Wealth Manager.
David’s role is to assist in the day to day running of client portfolios as well as looking for new investment opportunities for clients. His responsibilities also include undertaking in-depth market analysis, and often meets with fund managers and companies.
When away from the office, David can often be found on the golf course or surfing off the North Devon Coast.
Dick Simpson – Non Executive Director
Dick is on the board of 4 Shires, representing shareholders’ interests
Dick is a senior I.T. and operations expert, and has been employed at the highest level at fund management companies in the City.
He has worked for TT International, Foreign and Colonial and Rothschilds.
He read Natural Sciences at Cambridge. He is married with two children.
His other interests include flying, playing electric guitar and brewing fine ales.